Saturday, May 11, 2013

Finding the Glass Half Full Attitude

It is no secret that in the past month my life has found...how to put this...an all time low. Last week we were evicted from our home of 2 years and the following Tuesday I was let go from my job at Fun City. I found myself in the bathroom of my brother- in-laws home, curled up in a ball, weeping. How did my life become this? I am better then this. On the verge of a nervous breakdown, my amazing husband walked in. Except instead of holding me and coddling me, he looked at me and said, "Honey, I love you. Stop feeling sorry for yourself!" At first my shock was evident followed by my anger. How dare he speak to me like this! I mean I am crying here! When the pure shock of his response faded I looked at him and said, "Your right." From that point on I was done. There had to be a reason for all of this! I believe with all my heart, my Grandma Anita is brewing a plan in Heaven. From that point on everything was happening for a reason. I have since sent in close to 200 resumes, in literally every state I have ever wanted to live in. After all we have nothing truly holding us to Colorado. I am so ready to start fresh! After a week I have had several interviews but the best news came last night when I got a phone interview for a Social Media Director IN CALIFORNIA! I feel in my heart this is where my family is meant to be! I have not stopped sending resumes but my hope level is rising. Today, we found a way to visit the Zoo for free so we packed up monkey and off we went. I must say that, aside from a nasty sunburn, I got everything I have been needing for a month. So here I am, fresh from the Zoo, nice (and painful) sunburn and smiling. Everything in this life has a reason and although I may not always know what it is, my glass half full attitude will never let me give up again!

No comments: