Friday, June 13, 2008

Its not a house...Its my home!

So It has now been almost two weeks since we moved into our house and it all is becoing alot better. I stopped being sad about not being by my mom and dad and started looking for what I could do to make this place not a house, but a home. I started with the living room, Kat and I had long since decorated it but something was not right. I unpacked more boxes and found my oil burner from Ali & Emmy and then found pictures and books and all sorts of things okay this was a start I went through and put them up made pictures lione the walls and photos were framed und went up on the blank walls by the time my first day was done the Living room and the kitchen were feeling great over the next couple of days I did the downstairs living room and the halls through the rest of the house cleaned my bathroom and created a very pretty family wall. Yesterday I woke up in a cleaning fit and set to cleaning. My pride of the day yesterday was the Guest room. I set up the bed frame and the tables then decorated the tables with a lamp and a plant , candles and a clock and then Kat and I decided that it would be seashell room. We took a bag of seashells and nicely spread them out and made it perfect the only thing we are missing is a picture of the beach which I will have to dig through and find one of Emerald Isle and It will be the perfect guest room! As I walked to the kitchen this morning I went to let Bruno out for his morning pee Nick already out and about doing Laundry. I made a cup of coffee and did the few dishes in the sink. I walked around to the couch and sat to drink my coffee the phone rang and I answered and as I was done with my morning routine I looked around had to think okay now it is not a house Its my home! Yeah I actually feel at home!

No comments: